If it’s Fall, it’s Time for Quilt Fest!
Q: What will I find at Ben Franklin Crafts’ Annual Quilt?
A: Free demos presented by talented quilters, beautiful quilt displays, special sales and TONS of inspiration from the quilts that fill our aisles and walls.
- This year’s featured quilter is Carol Pilgrim. Her antique and vintage quilts are stunning…even dating back to the 1800’s!
- The Quilt Show in our aisles showcases the beautiful craftsmanship of our very own customers. Don’t forget to vote for the Viewer’s Choice Award!
- This two day Festival of Quilts is one you don’t want to miss!
- Enter to win a wonderful door prize of Quilting & Sewing supplies – more than $60 in value!
- We have an awesome line up of free demonstrations you can attend in our classroom on Saturday 10/6 and Sunday 10/7:
10 – 10:45
“Zip it! Groove Pouches”
Join Iris as she shows how easy it is to sew these fun projects! Pattern available for purchase. Special bonus: free add-on pattern for those attending. Presented by: Iris Sarcar, Quilter, Quilt Designer, Author, Teacher.
11:30 – 12:15
Mary will be sharing new products and tools available in our Quilt Shop. Lots of new techniques. Don’t miss it! Presented by: Mary Siekmann, Teacher, Quilter, Wool Enthusiast.
1:15 – 2:00
Learn how to make pillows for holiday or everyday using basic sewing skill with different embellishments. Presented by: Susan Schlobohm, Professional Pillow Workroom, Quilter.
2:45 – 3:30
“Thread Sketching & Bead Embellishing”
See how easy it is to thread Sketch your quilting projects and add embellishments! Presented by: Laura Krasinski, Award Winning Quilter, Lecturer, Quilt Designer, Quilt Enthusiast.
11:30 – 12:15pm
“One Block Wonder”
One Fabric, One Shape, One-of-a-Kind Quilts! Presented by: Mary Thuilliez, Quilter, Quilt Designer, Quilt Collector.
1:15 – 2:00pm
“Modular Memory Quilts”
Learn a new, fluid way to create a memory quilt using a method that can be modified with ease. Presented by: Chris Lynn Kirsch, Teacher, Award Winning Quilter, Lecturer, Quilt Collector, Author, Quilt Judge, Quilt Designer.
2:45 – 3:30pm
“Serendipity Star Quilt”
Use only six fat quarters to create the 6-point star quilt. Anne copyrighted this method and was published by AQ Magazine! She will share several tops showing many different versions. Presented by: Anne Widmann, Quilt Designer, Quilter.