Like all small businesses, Ben Franklin Crafts is concerned with the the challenges faced by our business and community due to COVID-19. In addition to assuring the health and safety of our customers and associates, we strongly believe in the power of Crafting as a healthy outlet for stress and anxiety. The act of keeping hands busy through Making and Doing can calm the minds of all ages as we navigate these uncertain times.
We continue to monitor guidance from state and federal governments while taking precautionary measures to ensure a safe environment for our customers and associates. Because of the fluidity of the situation, these precautionary measures will likely change over time. Be assured that we will communicate any changes to you as they become necessary. Also, please feel confident in calling ahead to check on our hours if you will be stopping by.
- Our store hours have been temporarily modified as follows:
- Monday – Friday 9am-6pm
- Saturday 9am-5pm
- Sunday 10am-5pm
- Daily sanitizing routines have been increased in all departments and high traffic areas.
- Associates are practicing frequent hand washing and maintaining a “step away” social distance from each other and customers.
- All workshops and activities have been cancelled for the time being and will be rescheduled when it is safe to do so.
- We have made the difficult but necessary decision to cancel our annual Quilt-A-Thon. On Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22, quilters may pick up pre-cut fabric bundles to sew a strip or tumbler quilt top at home. Pre-assembled quilt kits will also be available and include a top, batting and backing.
- April Quilt Club meetings on March 31 and April 1 are cancelled. Block of the month patterns will be available at the Customer Service Desk after those dates.
- The Sirdar Yarn Tasting on March 30 will be rescheduled at a later date.