We’re so excited to bring you a new challenge for the holidays! Purchase a specially marked gingerbread house kit, decorate and return during the week of November 27th.
Gingerbread House Challenge Rules:
- The Gingerbread House Challenge is open to adults and children in two divisions, one entry per person:
- Adult – ages 16 and up
- Child – ages 7 to 15
- Purchase Wilton Gingerbread House Kit #2104-1967 (unassembled) or #2104-1971 (pre-assembled). Important: these are the only two kits allowed for this challenge. All gingerbread portions of the kit must be included in your entry.
- Decorate with items of your choosing. The finished entry does not have to be completely edible.
- Entries must be entirely created by the entrant.
- Entries must be freestanding and attached to a sturdy base measuring no larger than 12” x 12”. Overall height must not exceed 12”.
- Submit your entry with the completed entry form to our Customer Service Desk between Monday, November 27th and Thursday, November 30th. Late (or early) entries cannot be accepted.
- Entries will be on display through December 17th and available for pick-up after that date.
- Employees and their families are not eligible.
- Photos of entries may be used or reproduced without additional consent or compensation.
- A panel of judges will score all Gingerbread House Challenge Entries based on the Judging Criteria below and will select the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in each division. Winners will be announced on Friday, December 1st.
Judging Criteria: Overall Appearance, Quality of work, Creativity and Originality, Difficulty of Design
Gingerbread House Challenge Prizes
1st Place – $20 Ben Franklin Crafts gift certificate
2nd Place – $15 Ben Franklin Crafts gift certificate
3rd Place – $10 Ben Franklin Crafts gift certificate