Our annual Holiday Card Challenge tradition will get you in the holiday card making spirit! By entering, you will make time to design your own unique holiday greetings AND brighten the holidays for others. You may use any media you prefer to take part in this contest, but must adhere to the guidelines listed below:
- One challenge entry per person, please. You may make additional cards for donation, but only one entry will be displayed and judged.
- The Holiday Card Challenge is open to ages 14 and up.
- Use the media you prefer to create your card. The finished, folded card must fit within a 5″ x 7″ envelope, but can be smaller than that size.
- Entries must be original and entirely created by the entrant.
- No entry form is required, but you must include your name and phone number on a piece of paper attached to the card (Post It Note or paper clipped).
- Submit your entry to our Customer Service Desk by Sunday, October 29th at 5:00 pm. Late entries cannot be accepted.
- Card entries will be on display in our Craft Department through the month of November, and then donated to the Oconomowoc Area Senior Center.
- Until donated, your entry becomes the property of Ben Franklin Crafts and may be used or reproduced without additional consent or compensation.
- Employees and their families are not eligible.
A panel of judges will score all eligible Holiday Card Challenge Entries based on the Judging Criteria below. First, second and third place winners will be announced by November 1st.
1. Overall appeal
2. Quality of work
3. Creativity and Originality
4. Appropriateness for use as a holiday greeting card
Holiday Card Challenge Prizes
1st Place – $20 Ben Franklin Crafts gift certificate and a Cardmaker’s Gift Bag
2nd Place – $15 Ben Franklin Crafts gift certificate and a Cardmaker’s Gift Bag
3rd Place – $10 Ben Franklin Crafts gift certificate and a Cardmaker’s Gift Bag