For our second Kid’s Summer Craft Class, we used a fun shaving cream technique to learn how to marbelize paper. We replaced the front and back covers of an inexpensive photo album with the marbelized paper, then added foam stickers for a cool, custom photo album to store your summer memories.
My Summer Photo Album
Here’s what you will need for the project:
- 4″ x 6″ photo album
- 2 pieces of 4″ x 6″ cardstock
- 1 piece of any color cardstock to use as a backing (optional)
- desired colors of acrylic pain
- shaving cream
- self-adhesive foam stickers
- cake pan
- scrap of cardboard – about 4″ square
- paper towels
- Squirt shaving cream into the cake pan. You’ll need about a cup of shaving cream. Remember that it expands as it leaves the can!
- Use the cardboard square to spread the shaving cream in the pan. You will want it big enough to fit both pieces of white cardstock.
- Choose 4-5 colors of paint and dribble small amounts ofon top of the shaving cream. A little goes along way. Repeat for other desired colors.
- Use the toothpick to gently swirl the shaving cream around. Try to avoid touching the bottom of the pan so the colors stay on top of the shaving cream.
- When you are happy with the way your paint looks, gently lay the white cardstock pieces on top. Smooth gently to make sure the shaving cream touches all surfaces of the paper.
- Gently remove the paper from shaving cream. Use cardboard square to scrape off excess shaving cream. Follow up with paper towel if needed. Set aside to dry.
- While the paper is drying, decide how you will arrange your stickers on the outside of the plastic album cover. When you are happy with your plan, adhere the stickers to the cover.
- Insert the paper covers into front and back of the plastic album cover. If desired, add a coordinating backing paper under the front paper cover if there are any gaps