Ben Franklin Crafts is excited to be hosting a Worldwide Knit in Public Day event again this year!
Join us in showing Oconomowoc how much knitters & crocheters care for our community!
Date: Saturday, June 9, 2018
Time: Drop in anytime between 10am and 1pm. Stay for as little or long as you are able!
Location: Ben Franklin Crafts parking lot. Look for the tent and orange cones right in front of the store – you won’t miss it! We’ll move into the store if the weather necessitates.
Who: Women & men of all ages who have a passion for knitting & crocheting.
Cost: No charge to attend or participate! RSVP’s are kindly requested – click here to let us know you’ll attend.
What can you expect at this year’s Knit in Public Day?
- Learn more about charitable knit & crochet opportunities, including the 2018 Yarn Gala to Color Oconomowoc. This annual event is a fund raiser for the Lake Area Free Clinic.
- Volunteer to knit, crochet or weave panels, mandalas or other items for the Yarn Gala in August.
- Attend a mini workshop at 11:00 am. Learn how easy it is to create beautiful hanging mandalas. (Click here to see some examples!)
- Door prizes: must be in attendance to win.
- Grand Prize: everyone who attends is eligible. We’ll announce the winner after the event.
What should you bring?
- Non-perishable donations for the Oconomowoc Food Pantry to receive an additional door prize ticket.
- We’ll have folding chairs available. Bring a comfy lawn chair if you prefer.
- We’ll have a small tent, but a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen are suggested.
- You may want to bring an umbrella along – works for sun and a few raindrops!
- A project you’re working on.
- Your favorite water bottle.