What is a Knit Along (KAL)?
- It’s an interactive, social project involving yarn, knitting needles and YOU!
- You’ll enjoy the creative process and pick up new ideas from members of the group who are all undertaking the same project.
- It’s NOT a formal instruction time. Joyce is available to support and problem solve, but won’t be providing direct instruction during the Knit Along.
How does Ben Franklin’s KAL work?
- Start by registering for the current KAL project on our Workshop & Event Calendar. The registration fee will usually consist of your pattern/book and yarn minus a 10% discount. Sales tax is included in the fee. Your $2/meeting KAL fee is also included in the Materials kit fee.
- Within 3 business days of receiving your paid registration, you’ll receive a voucher coupon via email for purchasing your yarn. This will allow you to select your yarn and have it wound before the first KAL session.
- Please download/print your pattern before the first KAL, too. Needle sizes and gauge requirements will be provided on the registration page.
Who should join in?
Intermediate to advanced knitters who have the ability to read patterns and problem solve as needed. You should be able to independently count rows and stitches.