This is a repeating eventseptember 24, 2019 5:30 PM
This Event Meets Multiple Times. Future Dates:
september 24, 2019 5:30 PMoctober 8, 2019 5:30 PMoctober 22, 2019 5:30 PM
What is a Knit Along (KAL)?It's an interactive, social project involving yarn, knitting needles and YOU! You'll enjoy the creative process and pick up new ideas from members of
What is a Knit Along (KAL)?
- It’s an interactive, social project involving yarn, knitting needles and YOU!
- You’ll enjoy the creative process and pick up new ideas from members of the group who are all undertaking the same project.
- It’s NOT a formal instruction time. Joyce is available to support and problem solve, but won’t be providing direct instruction during the Knit Along.
How does Ben Franklin’s KAL work?
- Start by registering for the current KAL project on this page. The registration fee consists of your pattern/book and yarn minus a 10% discount. Sales tax is also included in the fee.
- Within 3 business days of receiving your paid registration, you’ll receive a voucher coupon via email for purchasing your yarn. This will allow you to select and wind your yarn before the first KAL session. Your pattern or book will be available at the first KAL session. Needle sizes and gauge requirements will be provided on the registration page.
- The KAL will meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 5:30pm-7:30pm. You will pay a $2 fee in person at the Customer Service desk each time you attend.
Who should join in?
Intermediate to advanced knitters who have the ability to read patterns and problem solve as needed. You should be able to independently count rows and stitches.
Our first KAL project, a brioche hat in Malabrigo Rios, was chosen based on a survey sent out in May. The KAL will begin September 10th and run through October. Future knit along projects will be determined by the participants. Suggestions and requests are always welcome!
- Materials Kit – the registration fee for the KAL covers the cost of this kit
- Needles: US Size 4-16″ Circular and US Size 4 dpn’s – set of 5 (or size necessary to reach gauge of 20 sts and 24 rounds = 4″ over brioche rib, lightly blocked)
- 3 stitch markers, one in a different color to indicate beginning of round
- Row counter
- Scissors, needle to weave in tails
Knit Along Prerequisites: By signing up for this KAL, you agree that you meet the listed prerequisites.
Refund Policy: Due to the nature of this event, refunds are not available for KAL materials.
Online registration is closed. Please contact the store for availability.
Joyce has been knitting, crocheting, sewing and quilting since she was 5 years old. She has patiently taught the basics and beyond to hundreds of students of all ages. Her teaching mission is to promote these crafts for future generations and build self-confidence in people through their creative accomplishments.
Ben Franklin Crafts1083 Summit Avenue
Oconomowoc, WI 53066