2018 Staycation Crafts for Kids – Week 9
Try out this new craft which combines elements of paint by number, cross stitch and shimmery fun. Choose a design and finish it off with a DIY frame.
You will need the following items to make this Staycation project – available at Ben Franklin Crafts!
- 1 Diamond Dotz Starter Kit
- Adhesive backed felt or paper – cut to 6″ x 6″
- Poster board – cut to 5″ x 5″
- Cardstock cut to 4.75″ x 4.75″
- Glue stick
Follow directions included in Diamond Dotz Starter Kit to complete the design. This video will give you an idea of what it’s like to complete a Diamond Dotz activity. Wonder what to do with leftover dotz? Add them to your next batch of SLIME!
To complete the frame:
- Cut a 2-7/8″ x 2-7/8″ square from scrap paper.
- Center the square on the back of the adhesive backed felt. Trace and cut out carefully. Set this frame aside.
- Rub the glue stick around the cardboard. Cover with finished piece, right side up. Press down gently.
- Remove adhesive paper backing from frame.
- Carefully line up the opening in the frame over your design. Press down.
- Turn frame over, cut off corners diagonally to the cardboard.
- Press the frame edges over onto the back of the cardboard.
- Rub glue stick around paper square. Glue in place to finish the back.
We would love to see a picture of your finished project! Upload it to our Facebook page.
Coming up next: Monogram Notebook!