2018 Staycation Crafts for Kids Project Schedule & Tutorials
Our Staycation Crafts for Kids Summer project schedule begins on Thursday, June 14 and continues weekly through August 23. Watch for weekly updates on this page after our first project date. Tutorials will be linked to the project photos below AFTER the date of each project. Tutorials list the supplies and tools required along with photo and/or video directions. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need to know to get your child involved in Staycation Crafts for Kids projects:
- Each 45 minute project session will be offered two times on the same day: 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm.
- Pre-registration is required for all projects.
- Sign-up and pay using our convenient online Workshop & Event calendar.
- Children 7 – 14 years of age are welcome to attend. Accompanying adults can browse in the store or grab a cup of coffee while the kids are crafting. The kids will be ready for pick-up at 45 minutes past the hour.
- Many projects involve glue and/or paint. Please wear old clothing or bring a paint shirt.
- Projects are on display in our store.
- Fee includes all supplies.
- Download a PDF copy of our 2018 Staycation Project Schedule here.
June 14 – “My Dad Is ____” Box
Paint a set of magnets for dad that describe why he’s special to you and design a special gift box to hold them.
June 21 – Block Print T-Shirt
Design a one of a kind patriotic t-shirt with a block print stamp created by YOU. You’ll be all set for your 4th of July Festivities.
June 28 – Envelope Smash Album
Create a mini album to collect the memories of your summer. You’ll mix and match fun materials to help tell YOUR story!
July 5 – Yarn Wall Hanging
Explore color and texture while crafting a cool decoration for your room.
July 12 – Christmas Ornament Trio
It’s Christmas in July! Create 3 ornaments to decorate your tree – or share them with someone special.
July 19 – Twinkle Lights
Transform plastic cups into a twinkling strand of lights using decorative papers and your own creativity. Display your one of a kind project in your room – makes a great nightlight!
July 26 – PomPom Catapult Game
Assemble a bunch of “found items” and decorate with duct tape as you create a fun game for a rainy day. You can play by yourself or challenge a friend!
August 2 – Summer Rocks!
Display your favorite summer photo with this project. Paint a rock for you and while it dries, paint another to bring someone else a smile!
August 9 – Diamond Dotz
Try out this new craft which combines elements of paint by number, cross stitch and shimmery fun. Choose a design and finish it off with a DIY frame.
August 16 – Monogram Note Board
Experiment with colors and lines as you customize a bulletin board with your very own monogram.
August 23: Free Surprise Anniversary Week Craft
Summer is coming to an end, but we have one more surprise project for! There’s no charge to attend, but please remember to use our online registration to reserve your spot.