2019 Summer Crafts for Kids Project Schedule
Our Summer Crafts for Kids project schedule begins on Thursday, June 13 and continues weekly through August 22. Watch for weekly updates on this page after our first project date. Tutorials will be linked to the project photos below AFTER the date of each project. Tutorials list the supplies and tools required along with photo and/or video directions. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need to know to get your child involved in Staycation Crafts for Kids projects:
- Each 45 minute project session will be offered two times on the same day: 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm.
- Pre-registration is required for all projects.
- Sign-up and pay using our convenient online Workshop & Event calendar.
- Children 7 – 14 years of age are welcome to attend. Accompanying adults can browse in the store or grab a cup of coffee while the kids are crafting. The kids will be ready for pick-up at 45 minutes past the hour.
- Many projects involve glue and/or paint. Please wear old clothing or bring a paint shirt.
- Projects are on display in our store.
- Fee includes all supplies.
- Click here to download a PDF copy of our summer project schedule.
June 13: I Love You Dad Photo Holder
Create a unique photo holder & easel to show Dad how much you love him.
June 20: Patriotic T-Shirt
Design and paint a patriotic t-shirt with a fun sponge painting technique. You’ll be all set for the 4th of July!
June 27: Summer Windchimes
Choose your favorite colors and paint a set of mini windchimes. They’ll make a sweet summer song outside your bedroom window!
No Tutorial this week
July 11: PB&J Squishies
Squeezing a squishy is so satisfying – and now you can make your own. with memory foam, scissors and paint!
July 18: Eraser Pets & Mini House
Shape eraser clay into fun little creatures, then create a miniature house for them to live in.
July 25: Christmas in July – Sew a Tree
Sew, stuff and decorate a felt tree to hang on your family’s Christmas tree.
August 1: Pencil Bag
Decorate a one-of-a-kind fabric bag for your pencils. Get ready to ooh and aah with this cool watercolor pencil technique!
August 8: DIY Knitting Loom
Create a DIY knitting loom with popsicle sticks, then learn how to use it. The knitted cord can be used as a belt or bracelet, hung as a garland in your room, or in craft projects.
August 15: Milk Chalk Painting
Learn about Edgar Degas’ milk and chalk painting technique with local artist Pattie Kelley-Fuller, then try milk chalk painting a canvas of your own.
August 22: Free Surprise Anniversary Week Craft
Summer is coming to an end, but we have one more surprise project for! There’s no charge to attend, but please remember to use our online registration to reserve your spot.