Staycation Crafts for Kids – Week 1
We have an awesome craft for you to give Dad for Father’s Day. Create a colorful string art design and a gift envelope, too!
We were so busy this week that we didn’t get any photos to share. We’ll have some next week, hopefully.
will need the following items to make this Staycation project – available at Ben Franklin Crafts!
- String art pattern – download and print
- Black foam core board – 4″ x 4″
- Cork board – 6″ x 6″ (includes adhesive squares)
- Sequin pins
- String – 4 different colors (we used single ply friendship bracelet string)
- White glue
- Glue stick
- Kraft paper – 12″ x 30″
- Sticker – label shape
- Sharpies – assorted colors
- White pen
- Self-adhesive hanger
- Wooden dowel – 4-5″ piece
You will also need:
- Container for glue
- Hole punch
- Use adhesive squares to adhere foam core board to center of the cork board.
- Lay the string art pattern along the edge of the foam core board to help with pin placement.
- Dip pin in glue, then place it into the board, about 1/4″ from the edge. Continue until all pins are in place. Set aside to dry.
- Overlap short edges of kraft paper slightly, glue in place.
- With seam in the middle, glue bottom edges together about 1″ from the edge.
- Turn bottom edge up about 1″ and glue in place.
- Fold top edge down about 1.5″ and punch 2 holes.
- Decorate bag with sticker, white pen and Sharpies.
- Tie a string to a corner pin, wind around pins as shown on string art pattern. Tie knot on last pin.
- Continue winding until all 4 sides are completed.
- Trim away any extra string. Use a toothpick to touch a dot of glue on each knot to secure it.
- Place completed string art in the bag you made.
- Fold top down, secure with mini dowel and rubber band closure.
We would love to see a picture of your finished String Art! Upload your photo to our Facebook page.
Coming up next: Patriotic T-Shirt