2017 Staycation Crafts for Kids Project Schedule & Tutorials
Our Staycation Crafts for Kids Summer project schedule begins on Thursday, June 15 and continues weekly through August 24. Watch for weekly updates on this page after our first project date. Tutorials will be linked to the project photos below AFTER the date of each project. Tutorials list the supplies and tools required along with photo and/or video directions. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need to know to get your child involved in Staycation Crafts for Kids projects:
- Each 45 minute project session will be offered two times on the same day: 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm.
- Pre-registration is required for all projects.
- Sign-up and pay using our convenient online Classes & Events calendar.
- Children 7 – 14 years of age are welcome to attend. Accompanying adults can browse in the store or grab a cup of coffee while the kids are crafting. The kids will be ready for pick-up at 45 minutes past the hour.
- Many projects involve glue and/or paint. Please wear old clothing or bring a paint shirt.
- Projects are on display in our store.
- Fee includes all supplies.
- Download a PDF copy of our 2017 Staycation Project Schedule here.
June 15 – String Art for Dad
We have an awesome craft for you to give Dad for Father’s Day. Create a colorful string art design and a gift envelope, too!
June 22 – Patriotic T-Shirt
Design a t-shirt that’s one of a kind using masking tape and fabric paints. You’ll be all set for your 4th of July Festivities.
June 29 – Noisemaker
You’ll be surprised at how this miniature drum is constructed. Take your finished project along with you to the parade on the 4th of July!
July 6 – Watercolor Silhouette
Cut out & trace an animal shape, then paint with water colors. The magnetic frame lets you easily display new pieces of art all summer long.
July 13 – Wind Chime
Transform terra cotta pots into a fun wind chime using paint and your own creativity. Display your one of a kind project in your yard or in a breezy window.
July 20 – DIY Fidget Spinner
Learn how to tie square knots, then put your new skill to use with paracord – you’ll make your own fidget spinner!
July 27 – Sand Art Photo Holder
Layer colored sand in a decorative glass bottle and add a holder to show off a photo of a favorite summer activity.
August 3 – Door Hanger
Paint a wooden door hanger, then personalize with stickers, yarn and beads. You’ll learn how to make pom-poms, too!
August 10 – Magnetic Slime
Slime is SO much fun to make and play with! It’s even more fun when the slime is magnetic. Make the slime, then see all the things you can do with a super strong magnet.
August 17 – Emoji Note Board
Decoupage a useful note board, then add your favorite emoji face to clip fun notes from your friends.
August 24: Free Surprise Anniversary Week Craft
Summer is coming to an end, but we have one more surprise project for you to create. There’s no charge to attend, but please remember to use our online registration system to reserve your spot.