Use this tutorial to create a unique photo holder & easel to show Dad (or anyone!) how much you love them.
It can be hard to think of a meaningful gift for the special people in your life. Instead of the usual, follow this tutorial to make a handmade gift this year to let them know how special they are to you. This photo holder will be treasured for years to come!
You will need the following items to make this Summer Crafts 4 Kids project – available at Ben Franklin Crafts!
- 1 – 5″ x 6″ wooden rectangle
- 1 – wooden heart, 1-1/4″ wide
- 1 – miniature wooden clothespin, 1″ long
- 1 – small wooden easel, 4-1/2″ tall
- Tacky Glue
- Acrylic paint: one color for heart & easel, one for background
- Sharpie pens: black and silver
- Small amount of 3 or yarns. Mix color and texture for visual interest.
- Paint brush
You will also need:
- Small cup to hold paint
- Newspaper to protect your work surface
Paint about 2″ at the top and bottom of the rectangle. Don’t forget the sides. Let dry.
Paint heart and easel red. Move the easel legs around while painting to get all the little corners. Let dry.
Wrap yarn pieces around the wood, gluing in place on the back. Be sure to leave enough space for words at the top and bottom.
Use the black Sharpie to write words at top and bottom. Outline with silver if you like.
Glue heart and clothespin in place. Add a special photo and you’re done!
We would love to see a picture of your finished project! Upload to our Facebook page.
Coming up next: Patriotic T-Shirt
View all of our 2019 Summer Crafts 4 Kids Projects here.