Learn about Edgar Degas’ milk and chalk painting technique then try milk chalk painting a canvas of your own.
Local artist, Pattie Kelley-Fuller, shared her expertise with us and taught the kids how to use chalk and milk on a canvas to create a work of art.
You will need the following items to make this Summer Crafts 4 Kids project – available at Ben Franklin Crafts!
- small canvas – we used 5″ x 7″
- colored chalk
- Sharpies (optional)
You will also need:
- hair dryer
- small container for milk
- Lightly sketch design with pencil.
- Cover surface of canvas with milk.
- Working quickly, use chalk to fill in your design.
- Use hairdryer to dry the surface.
- Outline details with Sharpie pen.
Pattie Kelley-Fuller explains the milk & chalk technique:
We would love to see a picture of your finished project! Upload to our Facebook page.
View all of our 2019 Summer Crafts 4 Kids Projects here.