Let’s Craft the Holidays!
We have a series of quick Make & Take projects planned for you & your family to get in the spirit of the holidays. Our second project lets you create a memento for someone special – letting them know what you’re thankful for.
We’ll use Inktense watercolor pencils again to add subtle shading to the layers of this Thanksgiving greeting card. Dab your pencil marks with water to watch them “bloom!”
- Free Download – Thankful Greeting Card Printables
- White cardstock
- Brown cardstock
- Orange cardstock
- Inktense watercolor pencils: shades of orange, red and brown
- small paper brad
- piece of sponge
- stylus (use with adult help)
- Micron Pigma pen
- glue stick
- 4″ paper doily
- Print free downloads on white, brown and orange. Cut out each piece. Make a wavy line between the solid and dashed line on the brown piece to look like crust
- Color the words on the orange piece and add some shading to the edge if desired with an Inktense watercolor pencil. You can use a damp sponge to gently blend the color.
- Use a Micron Pigma pen to add words on the crust for things you are thankful for. If desired, add some shading to the edges with an Inktense watercolor pencil.
- Use the stylus (with adult help!) to gently poke a hole through the center of the orange and brown pieces.
- Glue a paper doily to the BACK of the brown crust. Lay the orange pie on top, but do not glue. Put a brad through the center holes and open it up on the back.
- Glue the white backing circle over the back of the doily, covering the brad ends.