Let’s Craft the Holidays!
We have a series of quick Make & Take projects planned for you & your family to get in the spirit of the holidays. Our first project will share a seasonal sentiment or pumpkin pun with your Thanksgiving guests.
Use Inktense watercolor pencils to paint a fall pumpkin, then layer it onto a sentimental or punny Thanksgiving saying. It’s amazing to watch the colors pop to life when you add just a smidge of water!
Supplies (makes 4)
- Free Download – Watercolor Pumpkin Printables
- White cardstock
- Brown cardstock
- decorative cardstock – cut to 4″ x 6″ pieces
- Inktense watercolor pencils: shades of orange, green, yellow and brown
- ink pad (optional)
- ribbon – 18″ per project
- pop dots – 5 per project
- paint brush
- water container
- paper towel
- tag board or mat board – cut to 4″ x 6″ pieces
- Print free downloads. Trim saying to 4″ x 4″ and cut pumpkins after painting.
- Use Inktense Watercolor Pencils to lightly color a pumpkin. Cut out pumpkin leaving a small white edge.
- Dip paintbrush in water. Tap off excess water on paper towel. Blend colors together, rinsing brush off and tapping off excess water between each section of the pumpkin. Let dry.
- Glue decorative paper to a piece of cardboard.
- Choose a pumpkin saying. Glue on top of decorative paper.
- Put 5 pop dot pieces on back of pumpkin.
- Remove paper from pop dots, stick pumpkin in place between words.
- Run an ink pad along the edges if desired.
- Tie a bow on the bottom section with ribbon.